LOGIN | E-NEWSLETTER | 
Select the search type

• Site
  • Web
Search
You are here:   Forums
Sizzix Big Shot vs. Cuttlebug?
Last Post 15 Feb 2011 05:31 PM by acdash. 9 Replies.
Printer Friendly
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Sort:
PrevPrev NextNext
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
jennt08User is Offline New Member New Member Posts:1
--
29 Apr 2009 01:14 PM
    I am thinking about buying a die-cut machine. I was considering a Sizzix Big Shot or a Cuttlebug. I just wanted to hear others' opinions on them. I know everyone seems to love the Cricut machine, but that is too expensive and I don't scrapbook enough to justify that. So let me know what you think. Thanks
    craftydrUser is Offline New Member New Member Posts:18
    --
    29 Apr 2009 07:48 PM

I just bought the cuddlebug because it was on sale and so were many of the dies.

I haven't used it yet as I am trying to get my craft room done as we have been renovating it.  I bought it especially for the texture plates that are available.

You can supposedly use any die cuts, or texture plates that are out there.

Now I immagine the big shot would be the same as it is bigger and it might allow bigger dies to be used, but also the smaller ones.

I also have the silouette so I didn't have a need so much for die cutting, although I find myself buying ones I do like.  Just like the cuddlebug, I haven't used the silouette yet either.

good luck in which ever you choose.

dorothy

boopnut Posts:42722
    --
    11 May 2009 06:14 AM

You can use the smaller sissex dies with the cuttlebug.  As long as the die fits in the machine, you are good to go.

Deb

http://Boopnut’s PhotoBucket
    ArtLinniUser is Offline New Member New Member Posts:5
    --
    28 Jul 2009 11:54 AM
    I have been debating over the same thing and can not decide which machine to purchase! I think the Sizzix Big Shot looks like it is hardier and I think it would hold up better after lots of use. I like the Cuttlebug dies/embossing folders a lot better than the Sizzix ones. Although I have heard you can use either brand die/embossing folder for either machine, it still worries me that they will not work quite right.
    --
    29 Jul 2009 07:45 AM

I have used both.  The Big Shot can take larger die cut templates and I think too, is hardier.  It is also HEAVIER.  The cuttlebug is more portable. I have used the the other templates for it.

Deb

ArtLinniUser is Offline New Member New Member Posts:5
    --
    29 Jul 2009 02:23 PM
    So, for someone whose machine will never leave home, would you recommend the Big Shot?
    mish086User is Offline New Member New Member Posts:2
    --
    14 Nov 2009 11:06 AM
    I would definitely recommend the Sizzix! I have the Original Sizzix Manual machine (smaller, Red One) I also have the sidekick too. I find myself constantly using it. Plus all you need is the adapters and you can use any other dies in the machine. I have purchased Spellbinders dies and Cuttlebug dies using both in the Sizzix. I am wanting to upgrade to the bigger Sizzix machine, but which? And now they have a 12 x 12 machine coming out.
    --
    16 Nov 2009 06:14 AM
    If your machine is not leaving home, I would reccommend the Big Shot. You can use any of the other templates for other machines, plus Big Shot has some "big" ones that don't fit my cuttlebug. Deb
    yoopergirlUser is Offline New Member New Member Posts:18
    --
    17 Nov 2009 08:31 AM

I asked the same question at my card making class and the girls recommended the Big Shot over the Cuttlebug as it will take all dies.  So I will be spending the extra money and buying the Big Shot.

Roxann

acdashUser is Offline New Member New Member Posts:4
    --
    15 Feb 2011 05:31 PM
    I highly recommend the Big Shot. I finally upgraded to it last year over the original and sidekick, and kick myself for not doing it sooner. I even tote mine around with me, I found a roller bag where it fits into the bottom compartment. To me it is the best die cutter, the only way to move up is to go electronic.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

10.180.218.245 WEB21