Just wanted to post this b/c it was news to me when it happened....
a girl that used to work for me had stopped and picked up corn on the cob. The farmers stand put it in a plastic bag. she put it in her back seat. She had to stop at the grocery store and was inside for about 1/2 hour. When she got home, she unloaded the groceries and threw the corn , in the bag, on the counter. About 4 hours later, she husked the corn and they had it for supper... the next morning her husband took her to the hospital as she was deathly sick. She ended up with FOOD POISONING!!!
The doctors at the hospital asked her what she had had for supper..and she told them corn. the docs started asking about it and she went thru the above story. The docs asked if the bag had seemed damp at all when she took the corn out and she said yes... turns out that the corn was 'sweating ' in the plastic bag and THIS can cause the corn to go bad and made her sick. She and her hubby were shocked. They asked why HE wasn't sick... and the docs told them that two people could eat the same thing and it might affect one person differently then the other... i know this to be true b/c my hubby got food poisoning from mushrooms on a pizza that WE had eaten ..he was sick and i wasn't..
It is just good info to know...now, anything that is ANY kind of a plastic bag, i remove immediately when i get home (unless it is going in the fridge) who would have thought that this could cause those kinds of problems???? Rudy’s PhotoBucket